Saturday, May 31, 2008

Abbey's Homework

Abbey's homework assignment was to go outside and write a Psalm to the Lord. I thought you might be interested in what she wrote. I was very happy with what she came up with.

I thank you Lord for the garden with food for me to eat. I thank you for the bird songs I hear in the tree tops and the clouds to shade my eyes. I thank you for the green grass around my toes. The swing set that holds many memories was a gift from you. My one tree that blooms white in the spring came from your almighty hands. The flowers with a joyful scent look up to your heavens. A cardinal sounding off his chirps. Oh, the glory of your creation. Hank the robin, surviving on your worms. I thank you for the wind and the sand. I thank you for my intelligence and my want to be with you.

I don't mean to brag, but I think this is beautiful from a 5th grader in about 15 minutes of work.

Wondering who Hank is? I have a little robin friend in my garden who likes it when I stir up the worms.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is GREAT! Does Abbey like to write? I'll bet she does. She really has a gift for it.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a praise to the LORD...it brought joy to my heart and I know it makes God's heart sing to hear his child expressing such sentiment and acknowlegement of his creative handiwork! We are blessed to be family in Jesus as well as family by blood! Love, Aunt Jeanne

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home