Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thailand

I am having a fantastic time in Thailand. What an experience. Everything is so different here. The traffic is just something I don't think I can ever explain. A 2 lane road has motorcylces inbetween each lane, pedestrians going in and out. It is just crazy. And unlike the US people are helpful and do not get angry on the roads. They all seem to know what they are doing.

We have been eating exceptional food. Not a whole lot of Thai yet, though.

We have been to the Tamar house in Pattaya. A 3 hour drive. I experienced my first international worship service. What a blessing that was. Of course, I do not have enough time to share now, (or enough brain power, due to much lack of sleep and jet lag).

Today we visted the Night Light and the Well, both agencies that support the women with a wonderful means of supporting themselves. We met many of the women. At the Night Light we sat in on their devotional time. Of course it was all in Thai, so I didn't understand a word of it, but still was a wonderful time.

At the Well, we were able to see what the ladies already had in stamping supplies and got to talk to the lady who runs it, Judy. She is very open to our help, which I was very nervous about. Tomorrow, we will shop at a market with a few of the women. I am so excited to be able to work with these women. They are so sweet.

Through all of this, I am realizing how protected I am in the US. I realize how much I love my husband. I realize that God is so good, even the ladies that have had just horrible lives are thankful for the grace that he has given to them.

I am taking tons of pictures and will add them when I can get home. That will really help me to be able to share my experience.

My love to you all,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home